Wednesday 12 May 2010

THURSDAY 13th MAY 2010 08:20(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (13.5.40)
On the Western Front... The German panzer divisions cross the Meuse River in two places at Sedan and Dinant. The French troops opposing them have not prepared their positions properly and are quickly demoralized and terrorized by heavy dive-bomber attacks. At Sedan, Guderian is right at the front, urging his troops on and at Dinant the young commander of the 7th Panzer Division, General Rommel, is also doing well. Farther north the Germans take Liege and in Holland the defense has now been totally disrupted. The advancing German ground troops have linked with the paratroops at Moerdijk. French 7th Army (Giraud) is in full retreat.

In Holland... Queen Wilhelmina and the Dutch Government are taken to London at different times during the day.

In Norway... The Allied forces start their advance toward Narvik from Harstad. The first landings on the way, at Bjerkvik 10 miles north of Narvik, are successfully carried out by French troops.

From London... Prime Minister Churchill makes the first of a famous series of inspirational speeches in a radio broadcast. He says, "I have nothing to offer you but blood, toil, tears and sweat."

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging, client follow-up, publicizing my free seminar on June 10
( http://www.garyblonder.co.uk/Seminar.htm ), shopping, a bit of "me time", cooking supper for the family then going hotfoot to GRID South (Low Moor) for their official launch event at 17:30.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
When your objective is clear in your mind, everything turns up and turns out just right to serve it.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I attract whatever I'm thinking about, whether I want it or not!

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is worrying about the situation serving any good purpose in this moment?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I went to buy a camouflage jacket but when I got to the shop I couldn't see one : D

GARY'S 100 CLASSIC ALBUMS YOU MUST OWN No.27
DEEP PURPLE - In Rock (1970)
Rip yer face off hard rock - magnificent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZn67GkV58I

TRIVIA
St.Johnstone is the only professional football team in the whole of Britain to have a J in the name. Italy however has several, Juventus being the most famous.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today I am going to make a positive difference to the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment