Tuesday 4 May 2010

WEDNESDAY 5th MAY 2010 07:20(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (5.5.40)
In Norway... The German forces continue to advance north from Trondheim. More Allied troops arrive in the north at Tromso and Harstad. This contingent is from the French Foreign Legion and the exiled Polish forces.

In London... A Norwegian government in exile is set up with British support.

In Ireland... Captain Hermann Goertz, a member of the Abwehr (a German military intelligence organization), lands by parachute near Dublin.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Some research for PRONET and fine-tuning my talk tomorrow.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
The answer to misuse is not disuse but right use.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Awakening is gradual. At first there are brief flashes, then short periods, then long periods punctuated by distraction. Soon I shall be who I really am all the time.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Will you continue to weep at the closed door, or knock on the next?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet, so I said, "Got any shoes you're not using? : D

GARY'S 100 CLASSIC ALBUMS YOU MUST OWN No.120
BLACKMORE'S NIGHT - Fires At Midnight (2001)
The Magnum Opus from this folk rock outfit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijYewpzVyo

TRIVIA
To trigger a Venus fly trap, an insect must brush past the same trigger hair twice within a few seconds. This saves the plant wasting energy and increases the odds of a successful capture when it does shut.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today I will give my full attention to my intuition, trusting its guidance 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment