Monday 17 May 2010

TUESDAY 18th MAY 2010 08:00(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (18.5.40)
On the Western Front... St. Quentin and Cambrai are taken by German panzer units. Farther north German 6th Army (Reichenau) takes Antwerp.

In Holland... Artur Seyss-Inquart is appointed Reich Commissioner for Holland.

In Paris... Reynaud appoints a new Cabinet. He himself takes the Ministry of Defense, Marshal Petain is deputy prime minister and Mandel is Minister of the Interior. General Weygand, replaces Gamelin as head of the Supreme Command.

In Britain... Tyler Kent, a clerk at the US Embassy in London, and Anna Wolkoff, a Russian emigree, are arrested on spying charges. Wolkoff has had connections with a pro-Fascist organization, the Right Club.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Client prep and follow-up this morning. Having finally done my tax return, some minor financial loose ends to tie up. Semina prep this afternoon and evening, some online promotional stuff, and if I get really motivated this afternoon, I'll mow the lawn and hoover the house!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
A thought is not thinking. A thought only becomes thinking when it is given attention.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Every day I become better at relying on my intuition to guide me.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Can you tell the difference between a helpful and unhelpful thought?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I'm certainly a lot less arrogant than all the rest of you : D

GARY'S 100 CLASSIC ALBUMS YOU MUST OWN No.33
EAGLES - Greatest Hits
The ultimate cruise in the sunshine laid-back rock album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEzTdBJUHO8

TRIVIA
The world's most popular fetishes are for feet and high heels.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today I will give all my attention only to those thoughts that strengthen me.

No comments:

Post a Comment