Thursday 23 September 2010

FRIDAY 24th SEPTEMBER 2010 06:20(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (24.9.40)
In the Mediterranean... As a retaliation for British attacks on Dakar, Vichy air forces attempt to raid Gibraltar. Little damage is done.

In French West Africa... The British battleship Resolution is hit by shellfire in the ongoing battle.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging and domestic, a fairly quiet day after a recent flurry of activity.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Dark emotions are like quicksand. Struggle and you'll only sink in deeper. Relax and accept where you are, and you'll float.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'm just as sensitive as I've ever been but have learned how to manage it.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Who will you lift higher today?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I lost my job in the mortuary when the cause of death of my last case turned out to be "autopsy" : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
Infections pop-reggae for your Friday entertainment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96jFtzVa80A

TRIVIA
At the end of the Beatles' song "A Day in the Life", an ultrasonic whistle, audible only to dogs, was recorded by Paul McCartney for his Shetland sheepdog.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today I will lift at least one person higher!

No comments:

Post a Comment