Friday 10 September 2010

SATURDAY 11th SEPTEMBER 2010 08:25(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2(11.9.40)
In East Africa... In British Somaliland the Italians advance to and attack the main British positions on the Hargeisa-Berbera road at Tug Argan. General Godwin-Austen has arrived to command the British force.

Over Britain... There are German air raids on Weymouth and Portland. The RAF loses 32 planes and the Luftwaffe 38.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging and domestic - keep on top of that laundry!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Taking no action is itself an action with consequences

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I am now getting a good feel of practising surrender - literally. I can physically feel when I'm doing it. The sensation is, oddly, slightly unpleasant - I feel leaden and with a weight on my neck and shoulders, but this is more than compensated for by being relaxed and detached from my emotions, which feels like relief and liberation - my emotions charge around in my mind without possessing me - I'm able to fully experience them without being or thinking them.

I am now making surrender the centre of my attention with the intention of expanding it into a continual unbroken experience.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How can you escape from yourself and live?

TODAY'S ONELINER
One advantage of dementia is that you meet new friends every day : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
Most people associate the Offspring with PRETTY FLY FOR A WHITE GUY but I prefer this equally insightful number about a toxic relationship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kIZeVoRBuU&ob=av2e

TRIVIA
The last execution in the Tower of London took place on Thursday, August 14, 1941, when Josef Jakobs, a German spy, was shot by an eight-man firing squad. Because he had suffered a broken ankle when he had parachuted into England on the night of January 31, 1941, he could not stand before the firing squad and he was, instead, seated in an old Windsor chair and tied up. Five of the eight shots pierced his heart.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
My destiny my choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment