Friday 17 September 2010

SATURDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2010 07:10(BST)

Sorry, an early meeting and full day prevented a post yesterday. Never mind, I'm back!

THIS DAY IN WW2 (18.9.40)
In North Africa... The advance of the Italian 10th Army comes to a halt, officially because of supply difficulties. They occupy themselves building various fortified camps and make little effort to keep in touch with the British forces which have pulled back before their superior strength.

Over Britain... During the day there is a German attack by 50 bombers on targets in London. There is heavy fighting in which the RAF loses 12 planes and the Luftwaffe 19

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging and domestic.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Life is not thought, it's felt.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My emotions constantly remind me that they're not going away but their days of anarchy are over.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Can you be quiet enough to notice what feels good right now?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Karaoke is a Japanese word meaning "Don't give up the day job" : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
I first encountered this band in a disco in Belgioum in 1980. I heard this track and it blew me away. I've loved the track, the album and the band ever since.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgORMg1ehPg&feature=fvst

TRIVIA
Astronaut John Glenn ate the first meal in space when he ate pureed applesauce squeezed from a tube aboard Friendship 7 in 1962.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Now's the time to set wheels turning!

No comments:

Post a Comment