Saturday 4 September 2010

SUNDAY 5th SEPTEMBER 2010 06:55(BST)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (5.9.40)
In the English Channel... German minelayers are active in the Straits of Dover during the night (September 5-6) as part of Operation Walter.

In Romania... Parliament is dissolved and the constitution suspended.

Over Britain... German aircraft attack the Biggin Hill and Detling airfields. German Ju88 and He111 bombers hit the oil storage tanks at Thameshaven (causing fires that continue to burn for several days).

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Blogging and domestic - I seem to be doing a lot of this recently! Might also get some seminar writing done. As it happens I'm glad to be starting the seminar prep a lot later than I intended because I can now incorporate some freshly acquired learning.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Each moment has such gifts to give you if only you would stop resenting it long enough to look.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I have made a significant spiritual advance virtually instantly by embracing a principle that I've known of for years but wasn't open to its significance until now.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How long will you wait for the perfect starting point? Isn't the whole point of starting to make a difference?

TODAY'S ONELINER
If a cat became radioactive, would it have 18 half-lives? : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
My son, who has turned out to be a more die-hard rocker than I am, is appalled that I like this, but a good song is a good song, even if it is embarrassingly trendy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&ob=av2e

TRIVIA
Actor/politician Arnold Schwarzenegger bought the first Hummer manufactured for civilian use in 1992. The vehicle weighed in at 6,300 lbs and was 7 feet wide.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
The beginning of everything I want is to be found in this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment