Sunday 21 November 2010

SUNDAY 21st NOVEMBER 2010 10:00(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (21.11.1940)
In the United States... A report on German and Communist espionage and subversive activities is published. As in the similar investigations which have been made in Britain, the strength of these disruptive elements is wildly overestimated and accompanied with call for preventive measures.
In Sydney... The Australian government presents its war budget for the coming year. Twenty percent of the national income is to be devoted to war expenditure and it to be financed by considerable increases in taxation.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Not exactly a return to normal with daughter and all her worldly goods occupying downstairs, but with a brand new washing machine in place, at least no trip to the laundrette is necessary. Still all the ironing to do though, but I can do that in the morning, enjoy a beer before lunch have a post-lunch nap then have some "me time" in the afternoon.
Twitter Followers = 922 (no change)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Did particularly well at being truly conscious yesterday. A further breakthrough has occurred in that when I concentrate I can distinguish both thoughts and feelings from consciousness itself. However it is surprisingly hard work, like working a previously little-used muscle.

I have accepted that there are times when I will be "lost in the game" - this no longer bothers me because I know I will always inevitably return.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Even the deepest most sincerely-held and sacred ideas and beliefs will die if a better-fitting one is given attention for long enough.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Is the possibility of being wrong too painful to contemplate?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I was so poor growing up, if I wasn't born a boy, I'd have had nothing to play with. : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
It iss a great night for a bite comrade, indeed I have had quite a few of those recently!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32058362@N04/5150029278/in/pool-536840@N24

TRIVIA
The longest name in the Bible is Mahershalalhashbaz (Isaiah 8:1). His mates probably called him "baz" for short : D

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
At any particular moment I know what to do in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment