Tuesday 30 November 2010

WEDNESDAY 1st DECEMBER 2010 06:25(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (1.12.1940)
Over Britain... Bristol is attacked by 120 planes during the night (December 1-2). Heavy damage to residential areas is caused by the bombing.
In the North Atlantic... The British armed merchant cruiser Forfar (16,400 t) is sunk by U-99 west of Ireland.
In the North Sea... The formerly Norwegian liner Oslofjord (18,700 t) and a British tanker are sunk off the Tyne.
In Italy... Rationing is introduced for flour, rice, spaghetti and macaroni.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
The day started with the hot water only tepid and the boiler making banging noises - fortunately I knew from experience what to do - pour boiling water over the condenser runoff pipe outside. In a prolonged cold snap, this pipe freezes solid and stops the boiler working - this seems a fundamental design flaw to me! Never mind, at least it's easy to keep on top of. Marketing and me time - I may get some time to work on my book.
Twitter Followers = 946 (up 5)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Rapid recovery from emotion is now becoming automatic, being permanently centred in the face of adversity proving a tougher challenge - you have to be very conscious all the time.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
For how much of your day are you paying attention to the moment?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you. : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
If the girl who works the checkout at Tesco's got bitten...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alastair_padgett/5132855427/in/pool-11399776@N00

TRIVIA
Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Each moment has a blessing that I will appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment