Tuesday 9 November 2010

WEDNESDAY 10th NOVEMBER 2010 07:00(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (10.11.10)
In East Africa... British forces recapture Gallabat in the Sudan.
From Rome... The Italian Undersecretary for War, General Soddu, replaces General Prasca as the Commander in Chief in Albania.
Over Britain... London is bombed by 170 aircraft.
Over Germany... RAF conducts numerous raids despite stormy weather and icing. A total of 5 aircraft are lost.
In Romania... An earthquake causes damage from Bucharest to the Ploesti oilfields. An estimated 400 people are killed.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
A combination of domestic stuff and "me" time.
Twitter Followers = 931 (up 3)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I have been reminded of the benefits of the Dharmic practices of Acceptance and Surrender, and been introduced to the Silent Prayer of Communion. I will apply them when doing the "accursed other job" and see if it makes it no longer "accursed".

TODAY'S THOUGHT
The world is a bottomless pit of need. Within you is a bottomless well of blessing.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Who will you help today?

TODAY'S ONELINER:
I swapped food for sex, and now I can't even get into my own pants : D

TODAY'S TUNE I LIKE
A rare foray into bubblegum surf music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og7LLZEAW4c

TRIVIA
The "O" when used as a prefix in Irish surnames, and "Mac" in Scottish surnames both mean "descendant of."

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I am going to make someone else smile today!

No comments:

Post a Comment