Friday 24 December 2010

FRIDAY 24th DECEMBER 2010 09:30 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (24.12.1940)
In the Mediterranean... The Greek submarine Papanicolis sinks an Italian transport off the coast of Albania.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Yesterday turned out to be extremely expensive - nearly £300 at Sainsburys, and I solved my Wacken problem by spending another £200 booking an earlier flight with Eurowings that I didn't know existed. If you travel by air a lot you may know that you CAN'T GET A REFUND on most booked economy flights, so I've a flight to fall back on if I don't make the early one! Oh well you live and learn.

btw if you ever go to Wacken open-air festival, DON'T BOOK ANYTHING before speaking to Andreas Hinz at Mondial Events info@mondialevents.de because he will tell you everything you need to know about getting your ass there and back. He has given me the best customer service I've ever received. Tell him Gary Blonder recommended you!

With Wacken sorted, I can turn my attention to planning our Silver Wedding Anniversary weekend in Paris in January. We are gambling that the Winter weather doesn't bugger the flights!

With all this expense going on, I will need to keep the "accursed other job" going for now, wich is where I'll be most of today before four days of genuine festivity. My holiday starts 8pm GMT!
Twitter Followers = 998(down 2)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Today is an excellent test of my intuitive centering abilities. So far done well with saying NO, accepting loss and failure, receiving forgiveness and growth in tolerance of my biggest raw nerves, rudeness, ignorance, ingratitude and irresponsibility - no wonder I've always had a problem with teenagers!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
We all make costly mistakes and we all deserve a fresh start.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
How are you going to make someone else's Christmas brighter?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they think you're not raising them right. : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
Unafraid to go against the traffic, yet by closely observing her necklaces she appears to have a foot in each camp.
*no longer available, sorry!*

TRIVIA
You can remain conscious for up to 20 seconds after being decapitated, knowing that death is imminent and certain.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today I choose to give and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment