Thursday 6 January 2011

FRIDAY 7th JANUARY 2011 06:55 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (7.1.1941)
From Berlin... The Condor 4-engined reconnaissance bombers, based near Bordeaux in occupied France, are transferred to the operational command of Admiral Donitz.

In the North Atlantic... The British corvette Anemone sinks the Italian submarine Nani northwest of Ireland.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Today I am catching up on all the jobs I didn't do yesterday! I WILL vacuum the house, and everything else not yet crossed off my list. I did take down all the Christmas stuff and I have now finalised all the arrangements for Paris, The Queen Mary 2 and Wacken.

A distraction has been an increasing number of people online seeking my counsel. That's fine with me, it's my principal purpose.
Twitter Followers = 1018 (up 2)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
A fulfilling 24 hours has left me with a feeling of contentment. I have not forgotten however that all blessings experienced externally are only an expression of what's going on internally - it is there my focus remains.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
The greatest honour is to be trusted by another.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Where is your treasure?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Air is like sex - you take it for granted unless you're not getting any : D

GOTH GIRL OF THE DAY
Attitude!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57817019@N08/5318949175/

TRIVIA
It's a good thing the Earth has a molten iron core. The spinning of the Earth causes this core to rotate, generating a magnetic field. This field deflects highly charged particles from the sun (the "solar wind") bombarding the Earth. If that were to happen, our atmosphere would be stripped away and the radiation would in any case decimate all life on Earth. This may have already happened on Mars.

Jupiter has a massive magnetic field, generated by a core of liquid hydrogen, which at that temperature and pressure behaves as a metal.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Today people will benefit from my kindness!



No comments:

Post a Comment