Friday 21 January 2011

SATURDAY 22nd JANUARY 2011 08:20 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (22.1.1941)
In North Africa... The remainder of the garrison of Tobruk surrenders after demolishing some of the harbor facilities. There are 27,000 prisoners. Much equipment is also captured and in fact it will prove possible to put the port into service fairly quickly. The Allied casualties have been less than 500 men.

In East Africa... In Eritrea the Italian forces are falling back toward Agordat in the face of Platt's attacks. There is also some skirmishing along the border between Kenya and Italian Somaliland.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
I am currently embroiled in the saga of the mobile phones! I keep them both in a pouch which I left in the taxi that took us home Friday night, and the driver who has them apparently hasn't been at work since due to a bereavement. The trouble is I really want the phones back - they're essential for keeping in touch with missus and my Practice. Going to the taxi base this morning to try and ascertain their whereabouts. I will try and get to the phones from there wherever they are!
Twitter Followers = 1020 (up 2)

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I have an obsessive/compulsive streak that can pull me off task but on the other hand can be exploited for making things happen.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Persistence pays!

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Will you let fear stand in your way?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I am thankful every time I look in in the mirror - I think to myself: Amazing! I look like this and still get laid regularly! : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon sandwich, 1 can chunky chicken in white sauce, two canteen hot chocolate drinks.

TRIVIA
In the English FA Premier League, football managers tend to have short life-spans in any one club, but three have by football standards impressive longevity. Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager football has ever known, has been at Manchester united for 24 years. Arsene Wenger has clocked up 14 years at Arsenal, and David Moyes has so far survived 8 years at Everton.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I'll never stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment