Saturday 5 February 2011

SATURDAY 5th FEBRUARY 2011 09:25 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (5.2.1941)
In North Africa... The first British armored units reach the coast road near Beda Fomm with armored cars and light tanks after their drive across Cyrenaica. Heavier tank units are following rapidly. The retreating Italian columns are engaged and about 5000 men are captured. In the north the Australians take Barce.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
A quiet day expected - I will be working on my talk for Overgate Hospice and generally being kind and gentle.

Suckered by a Facebook virus! I will put it down to experience.

Twitter Followers = 1017 (down 2)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.33 pints = 758mls

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I was completely de-centred yesterday by a remark. I guess it's not just the power of a missile but where it strikes. This one came from point blank range and struck at a weak point. The explosion was delayed until evening!

Oddly I have no regrets. The power of the dark side unleashed enabled me to eliminate a threat, or at least cripple it, but at the expense of hurting someone. It was the not wanting to hurt someone that had prevented decisive action before. I have to say that the regret about causing hurt is far outweighed by the relief I feel in quashing the threat. I'd do it again!

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Did you learn or are you still just bitterly regretting?

TODAY'S ONELINER
What is a man's idea of helping with the housework? Lifting his leg so you can vacuum. : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 peanut butter/jam sandwich, 1 can curry, 3 chocolate bars, 1 tub ice cream, 1 chocolate dessert, 1 packet crisps, 2 bouble measures Baileys Irish Cream

..oh dear! A result of being suddenly de-centred (see above) I did enjoy it all though! : D Back to self-control today.

TRIVIA
The most remote island in the world is Bouvet Island, an uninhabited and small Norwegian-owned island in the South Atlantic Ocean It's 994 miles from any other land (Queen Maud Land Antarctica, where there is a Norwegian research station)

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Forward from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment