Monday 28 February 2011

TUESDAY 1st MARCH 2011 06:25 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (1.3.1941)
In East Africa... The carrier Formidable attacks Massawa again. German mines blocking the carrier's entry into the Mediterranean are being cleared.

From Washington... The US Navy forms a Support Force for the Atlantic Fleet. The main part of this unit is made up from three destroyer squadrons of 27 ships.

In Sofia... Prime Minister Filov brings Bulgaria into the Tripartite Pact.

In North Africa... Kuffra in southeast Libya is taken by a Free French force from Chad. Colonel Leclerc is in command. The French force has received some help from units of the British Long Rage Desert Group.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
The day of many workmen! Drainpipes already replaced, the soil pipe (the one connected to the toilet!) gets replaced today. The new flooring in the bathroom gets installed and the new furniture suite for the front room gets delivered!

Once the suite is in, I go hotfoot to Bradford Cancer Support for my first client there (all voluntary - my bit for the community) and then hotfoot to my practice for an evening client.

Twitter Followers = 1042 (no change)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.1 pints = 630mls

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
Very centered yesterday, although Monday/Tuesdays aren't very challenging because I'm doing hypnotherapy - my favourite thing in all the world to do. It's adversity that really tests your abilities and purges false notions. Bizarrely it's because of adversity that I can now do what I love - without it I would have settled for a dull safe monotony that would not have added up to much. The old adage is true - if it doesn't kill you it really does make you stronger, and in fact wiser/nicer as well. Now I prioritise the pursuit of my passions rather than false notions of safety.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Never define yourself by your relationship to someone else

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you moving in the right direction?

TODAY'S ONELINER
“Ah, yes, divorce. From the Latin word meaning to rip out a man’s genitals through his wallet.” : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon butty, 1 can curry, 3 chocolate bars, 1 packet crisps, 6 squares dark choc (the dark choc was for er, circulation purposes)

TRIVIA
There is only one Q in a Scrabble game.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I am already complete in myself, I am here only to experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment