Sunday 27 February 2011

SUNDAY 27th FEBRUARY 2011 09:10 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (27.2.1941)
In the Indian Ocean... The Italian merchant cruiser Ramb I is sunk by the New Zealand cruiser Leander off the Maldive Islands.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
After a hectic "day off" yesterday, Sunday divides neatly into:
Ironing
Lunch
Nap
Tidying
Marital Quality Time

Twitter Followers = 1045 (up 2)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.76 pints = 1 litre
Wow!! : O

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
If I thought my new-found understanding would stop me getting grumpy, I was to be disappointed! However, I am at least at the point where my soul can observe it happening from a distance. There is an instant powerful negative response to certain verbal stimuli, notably criticism, hostility, disrespect, the irrelevant, commands to do things I was going to do anyway, being asked to repeat myself and the blatantly bleedin' obvious. This gets notably worse when I'm hungry or tired.

Over the years I've come to manage this response so at least being in my company is no longer like walking through a minefield. The key to anger management is thorough preparation before "going in". If you know full well you're going into an environment where buttons will get pushed and raw nerves trod on, You need to have already done your mind-calming and have your coping mechanisms ready. I will be discussing some of these in my forthcoming book EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT FOR ORDINARY FOLK

The next growth point for me is, since now I know full well what to do, devising good triggers for the necessary techniques so I can get into calm mode instantly when suddenly confronted. I'm still getting caught out by not being properly prepared.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
The joy in any journey is not the end, it's the path!

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What positive did you learn from your last defeat?

TODAY'S ONELINER
If opening the fridge door causes stray animals and every known insect from a three mile radius to congregate outside your house, the meat is probably off. : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 Greggs pasty + custard doughnut, 1 can meatballs + 2 buttered rolls, a couple of mouthfuls of choc buttons.

TRIVIA
Genuine Chippendale furniture is made exclusively from Mahogany.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
I'm ready for the challenges of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment