Thursday 11 February 2010

Today: Expanding My Reach

THIS DAY IN WW2 (12.2.40): The sloop HMS Gleaner sinks a U-boat (U-33) in the Firth of Clyde. German naval Enigma cipher machine rotors are recovered. As part of an operation to intercept 6 German merchant vessels, the destroyer HMS Hasty captures the Morea in the Atlantic and the cruiser HMS Glasgow captures a trawler... off Tromso, Norway. The Soviets repulse a Finnish counter-attack around Summa.

TODAY IN MY LIFE: All-domestic but I may launch a new blog. Oh look, I have!

TODAY'S THOUGHT: Evolution is driven forward by the imminent threat of extinction.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION: It was my children who forced me to mature.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU: Do you feel part of that from which you came, or have you become lost?

TODAY'S ONELINER: This is Gary's mobile phone. I'm at home at the moment, so leave me a message and I'll call you when I'm out : D

GARY'S DESERT ISLAND 100 Day 12: THE LA'S - There She Goes: A beautiful haunting lament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX9TDQcCyVE

TODAY'S NAME THAT TUNE: if every man says all he can, If every man is true, do I believe the sky above is... (1991)

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION: I release all my fears about money, career, safety and protection to the care of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment