Thursday 4 March 2010

FRIDAY 5/3/2010 0750(GMT)

THIS DAY IN WW2 (5.3.40)

Soviet forces cross the ice-bound Viipuri Bay but encounter Finnish resistance. Meanwhile, Soviet aircraft bomb Helsinki. The Finns conclude that the British and French promises of military aid are valueless and, therefore, the government accepts the Soviet offer to reopen negotiations for a truce and for the cession of border areas. German troops capture a British outpost in the Maginot Line (2 killed, 16 taken prisoner). The outpost is later recaptured.

TODAY IN MY LIFE

Mainly domestic, some self-development and quality time with son in the evening.

TODAY'S WISDOM

True security comes not from what you have but the inner conviction that you could live without it.

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION

If I want to take control of my life, I must be in control of my reactions at this moment

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU

If you want love in to live in your heart, have you found a way to evict the fear and pain currently occupying it?

TODAY'S ONELINER

I don't want to show you any kind of contempt or disrespect - in fact I'm doing my very best to hide it : D

GARY'S DESERT ISLAND 100 Track 33:

FERGIE - London Bridge
A rare foray into rap for this irresistably naughty funky number

TRIVIA

There are more cells in your brain than there are observable stars in the universe

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION

I will not waste this moment resenting it but do the most positive thing I can with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment