Wednesday 2 March 2011

THURSDAY 3rd MARCH 2011 06:50 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (3.3.1941)
In the Balkans... Italian aircraft bomb the earthquake stricken town of Larissa in Greece. British RAF Hurricanes destroy 5 Cant bombers (probably returning from Larissa) over Corfu.

In Moscow... The Soviet government denounces the Bulgarian signing of the Axis Pact.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
This is the first day since February where routines are not in some way altered by house refurbishment! We are noe the proud owners of a new kitchen, new drainpipes, new bathroom floor and new top of the range 5-piece leather suite plus fabric armchair! Still to organise: garden gates, garage doors, painting bathroom radiator.

Today's agenda: Me-Time, Indian Head Massage Class, Shopping, short me-time, ironing, cook supper, clear-up, Marital Quality Time.

Twitter Followers = 1040 (down 2)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 0.7 pints = 400mls


TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I'm at the beginning of the next stage in my spiritual development - the release of attachments. I have learned that any distress of any kind is due to an attachment. What I'm doing now is whenever I feel even the slightest distress, I am in that moment unattaching myself from the source.

I'm expecting this to be tough at first - we are all attached to many things without realising it, big and small. With a house refurb now 2/3 complete, I've many new things to be potentially attached to!

On the other hand, decades of spiritual learning have given me a solid foundation. I know that ultimately I am complete in myself, and that in the deepest sense I need nothing from this universe. I intend to participate in it, having preferences and intentions, but without demanding or needing anything from it.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
You'll soon stop cursing having no shoes when you meet the man who has no feet.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What in your life do you need to change?

TODAY'S ONELINER
You brought religion into my life - I never believed in Hell until I met you. : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon butty, 1 Feasters cheese/chicken/bacon melt, 4 chocolate biscuits, 4 small
chicken thighs, 1 choc Liegois, 4 squares milk chocolate.

TRIVIA
Zsa Zsa Gabor was the first - and only - recipient of a Golden Globe Award for "Most Glamorous Actress." She won the peculiar award in 1958. The category was deleted thereafter.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Same as yesterday - I am already complete in myself, I am here only to experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment