Thursday 10 March 2011

FRIDAY 11th MARCH 2011 06:50 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (11.3.1941)
In Washington... The Lend-Lease Bill becomes law when signed by President Roosevelt. Important amendments have been made by Congress. A time limit has been placed on the operation of the act -- until June 1943 -- but a motion originally passed in the House forbidding US warships to give convoy protection to foreign ships has been defeated. Also to be allowed are transfers of ships to other countries solely on the presidential authority without reference to Congress. Britain is compelled to go on paying cash for as long as this is possible (meaning British assets in the US must be sold below their true value) and it is forbidden to export anything containing materials supplied under Lend-Lease, nor can items wholly produced in Britain be exported if equivalent items are being supplied under Lend-Lease.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
After an initially great experience with a tradesman, the experience has declined as the jobs offered get more bitty. The plumber meant to give a quote yesterday didn't even turn up. I have one joiner left to see on Saturday morning but otherwise I appear to be out of options. I may spend the morning doing more research on suppliers, but my other two options are to re-arrange the lounge (to suit the new suite) or to give the bathroom a thorough clean. Not sure which at this stage!

Twitter Followers = 1053 (up 2)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 3/4 pint = 400 mls

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I got "mugged" by a mood yesterday morning after a trio of minor irritating events, although I was pleased with my lucidity within it and rapid recovery with a change of air. Nevertheless, my objective remains to be above it all, so that nothing bothers me or results in unfavourable behaviour. A shift in focus needs to be in place before I make a move, because once an emotion has me, a new space is the only escape. With objectives generally, I've found that it's important to be thoroughly familiar with what they will feel like once you have them. With focus on that feeling, the outcome becomes more likely.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
The winner was more relentless.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Can you describe in intimate detail how your victory will feel?

TODAY'S ONELINER
I'd like my computer to say "hey dude, that's a MOST EXCELLENT command and/or file name! Good call!" : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon butty, 4 choc biscuits, ministeak + Dauphinoise Potatoes, 6 profiteroles

TRIVIA
The letter "W" is the only letter in the English alphabet that has more than one syllable in its name.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment