Thursday 24 March 2011

FRIDAY 25th MARCH 2011 06:15 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (25.3.1941)
In Vienna... The Yugoslav Prime Minister Cvetkovic and the Foreign Minister Cincar-Markovic sign the Tripartite Pact. The reality of the situation and the influence of German pressure is made only too clear by the cold tone of the occasion. Germany agrees to respect Yugoslav sovereignty and not to demand passage for troops.

In Belgrade... There are disturbances in Belgrade when it becomes known that Yugoslavia has signed the Tripartite Pact.

In East Africa... The 5th Indian Division renews its advance toward the Italian blocking position on the Keren road.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
A quiet couple of days are expected the mornings involving some "me-time" and contemplation and a little housework, and supplementary job afternoon/evening.

Twitter Followers = 1088 (down 2)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.25pints = 800mls

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
After giving my own podcast a good listening to, I was surprised at the high speed "machine-gun" sound of my conversational voice, much faster than my "therapeutic" voice. I think I need to make the former closer to the latter as my marketing strategy becomes more PR orientated.

It is my intention to turn over a new leaf today and apply my energies to every encounter, not just the ones on my terms. They're ALL opportunities to refine my skills.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Beware of what you wish for. If you want to be needed, you'll end up with the needy.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you biting a hand that's feeding you?

GENUINE STATEMENTS THAT NEEDED RE-PHRASING
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
2 choc bars, 1/2 quiche, 1 buttered ministeak+dauphinoise potatoes+peas, 6 profiteroles

TRIVIA
The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Every encounter is an opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment