Tuesday 8 March 2011

WEDNESDAY 9th MARCH (ASH WEDNESDAY) 06:20 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (9.3.1941)
In Albania... the Italians launch an offensive along the front between the rivers Devoli and Vijose. There are a few local successes initially. The Italians have assembled 12 divisions for the attack and Mussolini himself has crossed to Albania to supervise the progress. There is little subtlety to the tactical plan and much that is reminiscent of World War I. The Greek intelligence of the direction of the attack is good and their defenses well prepared.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
With Wednesday being my "least preferred" day, it is a good test of my mental discipline, and this week I heve no excuse for being anything but thoroughly prepared. There will definitely be a little "me time" to sweeten it, and more housework.

Twitter Followers = 1048 (up 1)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 0.5 pints = 300 mls - it may be that the house moisture level is now under control - or the dehumidifier filter needs cleaning!

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My ultimate aim is to be so highly mentally robust that nothing will bother me, that my rawest nerves heal over. However, this won't happen solely because I intend it. I must make use of the more settled periods to deeply calm and focus the mind.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
If it tortures you, simply have nothing to do with it.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are you willing to sacrifice comfort for purpose?

TODAY'S ONELINER
Looking back over the years we've been together, I can't help but wonder... What was I thinking? : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon butty, 2 peanut butter/jam sandwiches 1/2 a chocolate bar, 1 packet crisps, 1choc biscuit.

TRIVIA
The female name Vanessa is Greek for "butterfly."

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Consolidate!


No comments:

Post a Comment