Saturday 26 March 2011

SATURDAY 26th MARCH 2011 08:25 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (26.3.1941)
In the Mediterranean... A night attack by explosive boats of a special Italian unit penetrates Suda Bay in Crete and sinks one tanker and cripples the British cruiser York. Following the claims by German aircraft to have sunk two of the British Mediterranean Fleet's battleships and with the promise of German air support and reconnaissance, Admiral Iachino leads the Italian Fleet on a sortie into the Aegean to disrupt the British convoys to Greece. He has one battleship, six heavy cruisers, two light cruisers and 13 destroyers.

In East Africa... The British forces occupy Harar, Abyssinia. The Italian forces and their new local allies begin an attack on Wingate's Gideon force around Burye.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Contemplation and the suplementary job. Wot no Match of the Day??!! What shall we do instead??! Oh, I've just thought of something *giggles* ; )

Twitter Followers = 1092 (up 4)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.5pints = 850mls


TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
It was hard work managing raging emotions yesterday, as if the universe rose to my challenge to "bring it on". However I didn't seem to hurt or upset anybody, so that must count as a success.

I have been assessing what I'm actualy trying to achieve. I have been harbouring subconsciously the aim to not "feel bad", but I now consider this unrealistic as that's an inherent part of this life experience as much as "feeling good". Underneath all emotions is a deeper inner peace that I'm aware of even when pissed off.

My aim now is therefore to accept upwellings of negative emotion without letting it take my focus off my intention - Feel bad but do it anyway! Feel ANYTHING but do it anyway! So, accepting the presence of any and every feeling, my intention is to use every encounter to practise my therapeutic abilities.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Take in all the information, hear all the advice, listen to all the opinions, then let your heart alone decide.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Are they your enemy just because they speak harshly?

GENUINE STATEMENTS THAT NEEDED RE-PHRASING
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1/3 Quiche, 3 choc bars, 4 biscuits, 1 can lamb hotpot

TRIVIA
In the Peanuts (Charlie Brown) cartoons, Siblings Lucy (the bossy girl) and Linus (always attached to his comfort blanket) have a third sibling called Rerun, who makes much less frequent appearances as the left-fielder in the baseball games.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
Feel WHATEVER and do it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment