Thursday 17 March 2011

FRIDAY 18th MARCH 2011 06:40 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (18.3.1941)
In East Africa... Ethiopian tribesmen attempt to surround the Italian garrison at Debra Marcos.

In Cyprus... The British foreign minister, Anthony Eden, meets the Turkish foreign minister.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Some housework and general contemplation

Twitter Followers = 1069 (up 1)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1 pint = 600 mls

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
I had a couple of incidents in the last 24 hours of nice enough people unintentionally treading on my raw nerves. The usual treatment of space and time is prescribed. At this point I am not confident that raw nerves can actually be healed, only managed. Where possible, the situations that trigger them should be avoided and plenty of calm detachment to make the raw nerves at least a little less raw. My current strategy is to be as calm and detatched as I can for as much of the time as I can.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
If you wait until conditions are perfect you'll do nothing but wait.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Of the many voices in your head, which will you listen to?

TODAY'S ONELINER
"Piss off Buddha!" Said the cat. "whaddya mean BE the mouse?! I'm a cat goddammit!" : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
3/4 of a Quiche, ministeak + dauphinoise potatoes, 6 profiteroles, 2 bars chocolate, 1 packet crisps.

TRIVIA
In Britain, the most common time for couples to have sex at 11pm, but they are actually at their sexual peak at 11 Am.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
It's not just about me

No comments:

Post a Comment