Saturday 26 March 2011

SUNDAY 27th MARCH 2011 08:20 BST

THIS DAY IN WW2 (27.3.1941)
In Yugoslavia... There is a coup led by air force officers and their Chief of Staff, General Simovic, who becomes the new head of government. The council of Regency and Prince Paul are deposed and the 17-year-old King Peter takes nominal charge of government. British agents have had a hand in bringing the rising about. The change is very popular among the Serbian sections of the population (almost all the leaders of the armed forces are Serbian) but less so with the Croats. In an immediate angry response to the change of government, Hitler issues Directive 25 which order planning for the invasion of Yugoslavia to begin. It is to be mounted as soon as possible and the invasion of Greece is to take place at the same time. Hitler accepts that it may be necessary to defer Barbarossa to allow these new operations to take place.
In Washington... Roosevelt's $7,000,000,000 Appropriations Bill for Lend-Lease passes into law. In the Mediterranean... British forces set out to do battle with the Italian fleet. Admiral Pridham-Wippell leads four light cruisers and four destroyers from the Piraeus and Admiral Cunningham the main body of three battleships, one carrier and nine destroyers from Alexandria.
In East Africa... The Allied advance clears the Italian road blocks in the Keren position. The Italian force begins to withdraw toward Asmara. The Indian divisions have lost 4000 casualties in the Keren battles and the Italians 3000 dead as well as many wounded.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Ironing, "me-time" and marital time!

Twitter Followers = 1099 (up 7)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.25 pints = 700mls

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
My shift in emphasis was spectacularly successful! The test of time is to come, but right now it feels as if I've made a significant breakthrough. Oddly I've known for ages the importance of Acceptance and Surrender, but never really hit on a technique to apply these disciplines that works for me in every circumstance. Now I've finally found one! I've known of it for ages but only applied to specific types of fear - Dr. Susan Jeffers' FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY technique. I started applying it to EVERY negative feeling and it worked brilliantly! My book is now way behind my original schedule but I'm glad now because of the important learning points I've picked up in the first quarter of this year, which I can now put into my book.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
When you stop seeing them, you're not required to stop loving them.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
What are you going to do about your problem?

GENUINE STATEMENTS THAT NEEDED RE-PHRASING
AFTER TEA BREAK, STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1/3 Quiche, 1 choc bar, 4 biscuits, 1 can chicken in white sauce, 1 pot fruit yoghurt.

TRIVIA
Trivia is the Roman goddess of sorcery, hounds and the crossroads.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
My feeling won't stop me doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment