Sunday 6 March 2011

SUNDAY 6th MARCH 2011 09:00 GMT

THIS DAY IN WW2 (6.3.1941)
In Occupied Holland... Following strikes during February over the arrest of Jews and attempts to send workers to jobs in Germany, the Germans condemn 18 Dutch resistance members to death. These are the first such victims in Holland. The Communists have played a notable part in organizing strikes.

TODAY IN MY LIFE
Ironing and general housework, and my monthly BEST OF BRADFORD article to write.

Twitter Followers = 1041 (no change)
Yesterday the dehumidifier extracted: 1.32 pints = 750 mls - drying washing!

TODAY'S SELF-OBSERVATION
So far, my hydration theory is holding up. Saturdays for me are not fun days but I seemed to cope well after ensuring I was consuming plenty of fluids. With mood stabilised, at least for now, a return to all the usual centering disciplines.

TODAY'S THOUGHT
Just being older is an act of survival that many did not achieve.

TODAY'S QUESTION FOR YOU
Do you know peace?

TODAY'S ONELINER
If Laura, Suzanne, Debra and Rose go out for lunch, they will call each
other Laura, Suzanne, Debra and Rose. If Mike, Charlie, Bob and John go
out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla,
Peanut-Head and Scrappy. : D

WHAT I ATE YESTERDAY
1 bacon butty, 1 can curry, 4 chocolate biscuits, 2 packets crisps, 3/4 large chocolate bar

TRIVIA
On average, the annual Wimbledon tennis tournament will use a staggering 42,000 tennis balls, but most for just a single rally.

TODAY'S AFFIRMATION
If I am here I have a purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment